Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi, got myself into a pickle Adobe Illustrator CS3 won't print

it seems that when I go to print Ai simple keeps spinning until I get a message that Ai quit then the source page comes up and Ai shuts down.

I successfully uninstalled Version CS3. Wanted to also take out Bridge CS3 but didn't... pulled it out to the desk top then replaced it back in applications. Which did nothing for Ai.

Since I work primarily Ai and Photoshop (both CS3) I'm stuck. I did locate my startup disc's and I know how to open it "safe mode" I would like to re-install Ai CS3 ...(photoshop is working ok) don't know if I first have to disable or uninstall Ai? and, I'm not sure if this is the right way to go.. Any help is greatly appreciated - awaiting your brilliance Barb (oh and I'm a girl - old but a girl) haha

iMac8,1, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 4:18 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 10:18 AM in response to ohyes

Hi Barb,

Try a simple Safe Boot first off...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

If that doesn't change anything...

Open Console in Utilities & see if there are any clues or repeating messages when this happens.

hi, got myself into a pickle Adobe Illustrator CS3 won't print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.