Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did I update my iPad to iOS 8.2?

This update is causing my iPad no end of issues, mainly crashing a great deal. Why does Apple not allow a user to rollback to a previous version, irrespective of the timeframe. Hopefully, my iPad will stay UP long enough to perform the next update when Apple acknowledges that for a number of users, ios 8.2 has rendered their devices unstable!

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2, 32GB

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 3:16 PM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2015 3:20 PM in response to TimPhoto

Try a device reset:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Mar 26, 2015 3:35 PM in response to SergZak

Believe me, it has been reset several times and restored a couple of times without avail. The only option left is to wipe it and rebuild it. 8.2 works fine on my iPhone 5s but on this device just randomly crashes - e.g., viewing a website in Safari, watching netflix etc. It either just switches off completely without warning or in the case of video, freezes, pixelates the screen with random lines and colours and then goes blank. If left for several mins it reboots itself, Apple logo appears for a number of mins and then it springs into life.

Why did I update my iPad to iOS 8.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.