Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Based on the statement that "The organizer can review the item and make the purchase or decline the request right from their own iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite" implies Family Sharing cant be done with older device.

Regarding Family Sharing - Based on the statement that "The organizer can review the item and make the purchase or decline the request right from their own iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite" does this imply that Family Sharing can't be done if the Family Organizer has an older device? I have an older ipod that uses iOS 5.1.1 and the steps that are recommended to turn this on do not exist on my device. I am not getting any notifications of my son's requests, either to my Apple ID email address or my ICLOUD address, so I assume that these requests do not go to a mailbox then?

Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 3:40 PM

2 replies

Based on the statement that "The organizer can review the item and make the purchase or decline the request right from their own iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite" implies Family Sharing cant be done with older device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.