Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After reset cannot activate my phone

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me please.?

I have a iphone 5 and I done a factory reset on it, and now it is asking me for activation, I know it's my email address and I also know the password.

When I type in the correct information, it says that this phone cannot be activated with this email address.

Can anyone please help.?

Thank you in advance,

Simon

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 6:22 PM

It sounds like you are not the first owner, and the phone is activation locked to a previous owner. If that's the case you cannot activate the phone without the cooperation of the previous owner.

10 replies

Mar 26, 2015 6:30 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hello, thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

The Phone was registered to me with my own email address it shows the first letter of my activation as s which is right, but when I type in the email address and the password which the phone was setup with and working, it says that I cannot activate the phone with this email address even though it was activated before the reset.

Thank you again for getting back in touch with me.

All the best,

Simon

Mar 27, 2015 4:01 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hello, again.

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner.

I have logged into my Icloud using your link, my email and password were both accepted, but I do not see the Iphone, I have verified my email address I have also verified a second email address in the Icloud.

I do not see the Iphone listed in the devices, and the email I used in the first setup is the one I am trying to reset-up the phone with.

I know it is asking a lot but if I send you my user name and password for Icloud could you have a look.?.

I'm really new to the Iphone thing, so I do get a bit lost

Thank you once again,

All the best,

Simon

After reset cannot activate my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.