Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there any places that still fix Ipod Classics?

So I have an 80GB iPod classic that fell out of my pocket while I was kayaking about two years ago. It fell in for a split second and I pulled it out of the water for it to never turn on again. About two months ago, I was wondering if I could get it to turn on, so I plugged it into the charger and let it sit. To my surprise the screen turned back on, everything seemed to be working and it even played music! However, when I went to turn my iPod back off, it froze and turned into a white screen. It wouldn't turn off until the battery died and I have not tried since. I've gotten it to do the same thing one other time. Since Apple discontinued iPod classics (bitter), I would like to see if I could get mine fixed or if I could possibly repair it myself? I don't know what the problem would be however. I read somewhere that iPod classics are built with different compartments so if it was water damaged a certain area can be replaced. Anyone know of places that still repair iPod classics? Any feedback would be appreciated!

iPod classic

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 6:35 PM

1 reply

Are there any places that still fix Ipod Classics?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.