Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime Player7 can't open "video.3gp". The file may be damaged or may not be a movie file that is compatible with QuickTime Player. How can i do to open movie file? on OS X 10.10.2

i just tried to open video file on youtube. but it shown "can't open "video.3gp". The file may be damaged or may not be a movie file that is compatible with QuickTime Player. How can i solve this issue?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 6:05 AM

i just tried to open video file on youtube. but it shown "can't open "video.3gp". The file may be damaged or may not be a movie file that is compatible with QuickTime Player. How can i solve this issue?

In what file type and compression format did you download the YouTube content? I.e., to avoid such issues, you would normally download the source files as content that is natively compatible with your target player or convert incompatible file type/compression format combinations to files that are compatible with your targeted media player.

User uploaded file

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 6:05 AM in response to numkrid

In what file type and compression format did you download the YouTube content? I.e., to avoid such issues, you would normally download the source files as content that is natively compatible with your target player or convert incompatible file type/compression format combinations to files that are compatible with your targeted media player.

User uploaded file

Mar 31, 2015 6:50 AM in response to numkrid

I had the same issue and could not find anyone else that had the same problem until I saw your message.

My whole Youtube site was in a strange format. Finally I happened to scroll down to the bottom of the

Youtube site and I saw something which I think said "mobile" and I believe "computer" It was set to "mobile"

for some reason and I clicked on "computer" and everything worked!! Hope this works for you.

QuickTime Player7 can't open "video.3gp". The file may be damaged or may not be a movie file that is compatible with QuickTime Player. How can i do to open movie file? on OS X 10.10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.