Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can see lines between divs when I zoom out in Safari on web pages. My iPhone 6, and new iPad Air2 128G I bought yesterday have the same problem :( What can I do?

Hi,

There are lines between divs when I zoom out in Safari on web pages. My iPhone 6 (iOS 8.2 12D508), and new iPad Air2 128G (updated to iSO 8.2 12D508) I bought yesterday have the same problem 😟 What can I do?

I went to the shop where I bought the iPad and they said go to the Apple Shop for support, then the Apple Shop said they can't help with software related problems like this so I should leave a message with the Apple support community. When I found the problem on my phone months ago a man in an Apple shop typed a Japanese message in the Japanese support area for my phone but nothing happened. It would be nice if there were an easier way to report bugs.

This problem is also on the new MacBooks and 5K Mac computers as well. I hope Safari can be fixed soon.

Regards,

Glen

<Link Edited by Host>

iPhone6(iOS8.2 12D508)iPadAir2 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 10:45 PM

Has this bug been fixed on the developer's version 8.4 or 9?

10 replies

Sep 14, 2015 9:30 PM in response to A4JP

No. It still hasn't been fixed and it's September 15th, 2015. I waited for the engineers or AppleCare Senior Advisors to contact me as I was told to do but after waiting 2 and a half months called them back just to hear them say that they hadn't started doing anything and they had just been waiting 2 and a half months for me to email again 😟 I have made them videos, saves pages, made websites, gave them a list of sites with the problem...

Safari, Mercury, Chrome, Opera, iLunascape, Doliphin Browser, Apollo Browser, and Webcapture all have the same problem.

Open the URL:

Pinch to zoom.

You can see the lines appear when zoomed out a bit and disappear at 100%.

Here are a few links to samples of the problems:

a4jp.com/info.html

ezopro.com

uniquetrade.jp

www.washington.edu/webinfo/snippets/css/box-float.html

www.printlineadvertising.co.uk

yahoo.co.jp

I can post pictures as well here is that helps.

iPhone6(iOS8.4.1 12H321) iPadAir2 8.4.1(12H321)

Sep 24, 2015 5:34 PM in response to kb1951

@kb1951 or anyone else here can you check if you have the same problem and also call Apple support? The more people that tell Apple the better. I'm talking to Apple but it is just taking so long and they said not many people have told them about this problem. It is on every device I have used so far including all the samples in the Apple Shop.

Mar 30, 2016 9:54 AM in response to A4JP

Please share this to help get Apple to fix a bug they have been trying to hide for two years!

This is an open public letter to anyone working at Apple.

I reported this linegate bug many times and went through support on the phone wasting more than 100 hours of my time.

I got put through to many people including top support managers etc and even engineers which seems special but shouldn't be.

They were sent files, videos and samples of everything they needed to reproduce and fix the bug but nothing has been done to fix the problem.

They promised they would fix this but after almost 2 years now there still isn't a fix!

Why don't you want to fix it Apple?

I'm writing this message here because I have already called support so many times but I just get told to send them more samples of sites with the problem but they don't do anything.

I don't work at Apple but have wasted so much time trying to help them fix an annoying visual bug on almost all their retina screen devices.

Please get your act together and do what you said you would do.

I hate people that lie.

<Edited by Host>

Mar 31, 2016 4:10 PM in response to A4JP

Since this is a user to user technical assistance forum, you can post your problems along with any troubleshooting steps you have taken to try to resolve the problem. If other members have had the same problem, they may have found a solution and can post that information. Any bug reports or problems of that nature need to be sent to Apple via their feedback link. There is nothing we can do to resolve those issues here.

I can see lines between divs when I zoom out in Safari on web pages. My iPhone 6, and new iPad Air2 128G I bought yesterday have the same problem :( What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.