Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I show the numbers on my top keyboard? I have so much screen space on my iPad Air2 but the numbers are on a back keyboard and the yen mark on a 3rd back keyboard.

How do I show the numbers on my top keyboard? I have so much screen space on my iPad Air2 but the numbers are on a back keyboard and the yen mark on a 3rd back keyboard.

If there was an extra line of characters on the top keyboard the 3rd layer deep keyboard could just be a second layer keyboard.

iPad Air, iOS 8.2, Air2 128G

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 6:10 PM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2015 6:29 PM in response to Skydiver119

I just want a software qwerty solution. There is so much typing space compared to my iPhone 6, and the iPad is a wonderful device that shouldn't need an external keyboard. It would just become a MacBook Air with detachable screen if I bought a keyboard.

When I split the keyboard on the screen it becomes smaller as well, so there is lots of space there for the keys.

Sorry, I just thought you meant hardware for s while. Are there software versions? It would be so cool if it were part of the OS but if another company makes an app, I'll install anything as a test ^^

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.