Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merging Albums together in playlists and library

When I scroll through my music and search for a song to play, I use the "album" view. A couple of the CD I imported onto my playlist (soundtracks mostly) don't show up as one album-- they show up as multiple albums separated by artist (so, for a musical soundtrack, the soundtrack is divided into several albums that each have a different artist-- the person singing those particular songs) in both my iPod playlists, and my iTunes library. It's makes searching for music rather tedious. Does anyone know if there's anyway to merge albums back together into one?

P.S. They also show up like this in my iTunes library

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 5:38 PM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2015 5:42 PM in response to MciUser

One way, that may or may not be the best, is to - in iTunes - right click on the songs in question and choose 'get info', then edit the performers to be the same. It's been my experience, even in album view, it still sorts by performer first, so if you make the performers all the same, then the songs will again be sorted by the album title

Mar 26, 2015 5:50 PM in response to Skydiver119

I'll certainly try it. But I think I may have solved my problem. When I initially put my CDs on iTunes, I used an older version. The CDs only showed up an artist, album, and song title. There was no album art and no additional info. However, this new CD I just put on had all of that. So I will try your idea in a minute. But first I'm going to remove one of the albums in question and put it on again.

Merging Albums together in playlists and library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.