Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Morning Alarm very uncomfortable. Can we change its basic settings?

1) Can we remove the vibration from the clock alarm? The vibration sounds very jarring during the morning wakeup.

2) Can we at least adjust the alarm volume without tampering with the phone call volume?

In my old Samsung Galaxy phone, there was a plethora of alarm settings and options, even independent settings for each individual alarm.

Thank you for any advice.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 7:44 PM

9 replies

Mar 26, 2015 7:54 PM in response to amershiraz

There are a plethora of Alarm sounds on an iPhone as well:

Click on the Clock

Click on the "+" to add an Alarm

Select the time for the alarm

Tap on Sound to select the alarm sound you wish to use for the alarm you are setting

Click on Save to save the alarm you just set

Also, to turn off the vibration, go to Settings>Sounds and turn off Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent.

Cheers,

GB

Mar 27, 2015 3:59 AM in response to gail from maine

Thanks for your response and the stepwise procedure.

Yes, there are lots of alarm sounds in my phone which are quite nice.

Actually in my old phone, Ringer and Alarm had independent settings but here you have to have same settings for both.

For example, I would like to have Vibration in my Ringer settings to pick up calls in a noisy outdoor place but I would hate to have Vibrate in my Morning Alarm especially if i have choosen a soft and mellow tone to wake me up.

This is just one of many examples where my new super cool iPhone 6 Plus makes me miss my old Samsung G3. Restricting user control doesnt really make sense. But maybe the 'techies' at Apple have a justification....(Phone stability?).

Regards.

Mar 29, 2015 7:33 AM in response to amershiraz

amershiraz wrote:

I could not locate Carrot 2 on the store (exact name search).

Why would you not recommend it though?

I wouldn't recommend it to you as it is loud, it vibrates, it flashes lights and it makes you answer questions in order to shut it off. Sounds like the exact opposite of what you want.

Why don't you search for alarms the might meet your needs rather than ones that don't. Try searching fro something like "gentle alarm" (not a name, just a search term). Many alarm apps over escalating alarms, ones that grow louder over time. Take a look at Red Clock as an example.

Morning Alarm very uncomfortable. Can we change its basic settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.