Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did the Home Video tab go?

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2009) running Yosemite 10.10.2 and iTunes 12.1.50. I also have about 900+ home videos taken by my various cameras and encoded using HandBrake or iMovie over the last 10 years. 30 of these movies have been on my phone for over a year and I regularly watch them.

I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS8.2 last night by doing a restore as if a new device. This was recommended by a tech at the Apple Store since so much of my phone's 16GB was taken up by the operating system. After that, I suddenly had more than 3GB more free space. Yay!

But - right away, I noticed that only 3 of my 30 home videos had synched. I had those 30 in a special playlist so I wouldn't have to sort through the other 870+. I decided to remove them from the iPhone and try again, but it didn't work. So, I decided to remove them from the playlist and add them again. That's when I noticed that I cannot find the Home Videos tab in iTunes on my Mac anymore. It was there earlier last night because I had just added new ones to iTunes (visual confirmed they were in the Home Video tab once added to library). I tried to import all 900+ home movies, and it seemed to do something - but I still can't see them.

I tried to search for "Home Video" in the iTunes help menu - no hits. I always use "Home Movies Favourites" as the Genre for the 30 I put on my phone, so I tried searching for that in the movie search box. Nothing found again. I tried searching for individual file names. Nothing.

So - where did Home Videos go and how can I get it back? My files are still on the hard drive, but I have spent hundreds of hours updating the tags in iTunes with irreplaceable info like dates, locations, memories, etc.

Apple - please stop making such drastic changes to iTunes every time we just finish getting used to your other changes!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iTunes 12.1.50

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 8:01 PM

There are no replies.

Where did the Home Video tab go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.