Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to save wifi config for different network

I'm using mac at work and at home, but one is using DHCP, the other is static ip with manual ip and dns config.

I need to change them twice everyday, is there any way I can save it for different network so when I connect to a specific network it's always using it's setting?

Thanks in advance~

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:19 PM

Greetings anutforajaroftuna,

One way to do what you are describing would be to use different network locations. This is set in System Preferences > Network at the top where it says Location:. You probably have one labeled Automatic that has one set of settings. You can create a new location from that menu by selecting Edit Locations and then clicking the "+" button. Name it something descriptive, then click Done. Set the various settings for Wi-Fi in this location the way you want them. Don't forget to change the DNS settings.

When you go to a place where you use one configuration, you just need to open network preferences - you can do this from the Wi-Fi menu - and then select the appropriate location and click the Apply button.

See this article for an overview of this process -

OS X Yosemite: Change your network settings

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 1:19 PM in response to anutforajaroftuna

Greetings anutforajaroftuna,

One way to do what you are describing would be to use different network locations. This is set in System Preferences > Network at the top where it says Location:. You probably have one labeled Automatic that has one set of settings. You can create a new location from that menu by selecting Edit Locations and then clicking the "+" button. Name it something descriptive, then click Done. Set the various settings for Wi-Fi in this location the way you want them. Don't forget to change the DNS settings.

When you go to a place where you use one configuration, you just need to open network preferences - you can do this from the Wi-Fi menu - and then select the appropriate location and click the Apply button.

See this article for an overview of this process -

OS X Yosemite: Change your network settings

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

how to save wifi config for different network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.