Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My update buttons all turn into open buttons

I had this happen on my iPad and it took a software update to fix.

I open the app store (currently with a badge of 24 apps). I go to updates. All of the apps that need updated have an update button next to them, however, those buttons turn into "open" buttons in about half a second. Tapping them simply opens the apps.

I've updated to the latest software and still no luck, it's misbehaving. This is not cool. Any help appreciated.

Dan P.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:05 PM

Hi Dan,

If you are having issues with your App Store update buttons changing to Open buttons, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 2:05 PM in response to Dan Perkins

Hi Dan,

If you are having issues with your App Store update buttons changing to Open buttons, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Apr 1, 2015 3:17 PM in response to Brett L

I had tried the restarting and resetting prior to the post. It would've been a shame if I had to erase and set up my phone for an issue as silly as this.

However, I was able to resolve it by, in the split second before the button blinked from Update to Open, I was able to click "Update All". Then all apps updated and the store is behaving again.

My update buttons all turn into open buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.