Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my screen is not responding correctly to touch

my son threw my Iphone5 into the toilet. thankfully I have apple care and it was quickly replaced. However, the Phone they gave me has been having issues with the way it responds to touch. if i attempt to open messages, it will in turn open safari. I took it in to the genius bar to get checked. They replaced the display but the problem continues and seems to have worsened. Its now will open all apps by itself and slide down the top menu. Its very frustrating. I dont live close to the apple store, does anyone know what on earth is the problem? Is there anything I can do? TIA

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 8:08 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 11:44 PM in response to allie389

Take the phone back again and ask them to replace it with a refurbished device this time, since the screen repair only made it worse.

Out-Of-Warranty serviced phones are also covered by a short warranty period (90days).

Warranty after service
Apple covers defects if they arise from authorized service for 90 days or the remaining term of your iPhone warranty, whichever is longer.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone

my screen is not responding correctly to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.