Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime works local but not long distance

i have been using facetime for 2 years. Last week (soon after upgrade 8.2) my service became intermitant. it works locally, but long distances it is ringing but no one is answering...

I am using airport extreme....so not sure if its extreme or something else causing this...

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2, face time

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:30 PM

5 replies

Mar 27, 2015 6:04 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

chris, thanks so much but i think it has to do with port somehow.

since i am out of the us it works fine in where i am at, but trying to get to the us in just rings off the hook and no one can pickup....so it gets a notification that the call is coming through but ends at that point.....and i am just pushing voice only not video.

other people where i am at use facetime and are able to talk to people in the US...I have been doing so until 1 week ago, when i downloaded 8.2 😟 Thanks for your reply looking forward to understanding what else i can do......

ps already installed firmware in extreme...but didn't solve the issue.

Mar 28, 2015 2:08 PM in response to homieclown

You say you have tried a VPN. Where are you located now? While I am on iOS 8.2 and have had no issues with FaceTime, I am in the US. I have used it to call others in the US that are quite a distance from where I am at, but not for someone outside the country. Have you tried testing this with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it might be this particular ISP?

facetime works local but not long distance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.