Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad mini just started having issues

My iPad mini just started randomly restarting after updating to ios8.2 when it first came out. It started to randomly restart itself on Sunday and has done it many times since. It has happened no less than 20 times today alone. I have researched throughout the web and have followed all advice given, esp advice given here, and the problems just keep happening. I've even done a factory reset twice, yet the problem still keep happening.

The same problems keep occurring:

laggy keyboard

safari is drastically slow

ipad randomly restarts itself

is there anything I can do, or do I just have to wait for Apple to eventually address the problem and release a fix for it?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:40 PM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 9:45 PM in response to molsen2295

You say that you have followed advice given. Given by whom? There is no such thing as a factory reset. There is a reset, and anything that could be included with factory would be a restore. A reset is holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The iPad will reboot. A restore is done by connecting the device to iTunes, or it could be done in iCloud and restoring the device to factory condition. From there you can restore a backup file.

If you restore the device as new and then test it, and it works properly, then try restoring the backup. If after restoring the backup it begins to have problems again, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store to have the hardware checked. I don't expect Apple to address the problem and release a fix, as issues such as these are isolated to individual devices and are not an iOS error.

Mar 26, 2015 9:53 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I meant restore, not reset, but I did do everything you described and the problems continued, so they obviously didn't work.

If this isn't an iOS problem, then why are so many reporting the same type of problems at the same time? The last time I had a problem, it was an extremely common problem that many reported. Amazingly, it was fixed the next time an iOS update was released.

Mar 26, 2015 9:59 PM in response to molsen2295

You need to understand that coming here is going to find people that have problems. Except for those of us that spend time here answering questions, people do not come here to post how well things are going with their devices. While there are things that happen in some versions of iOS, it is not an obvious problem that occurs all of the time. Some issues are relegated to a certain number of devices. That is why they are generally fixed by troubleshooting the individual devices. As I said earlier, if the problem continues, have the device examined by Apple. If it was an iOS issue, then the restore as new would not work for anyone, but it does. If it does not work for you, then something is probably wrong with your device. An update will not fix that. Those are the troubleshooting steps. If you are reluctant to follow them, that is your decision, however don't assume that a problem with a few devices constitutes a complete iOS error.

IPad mini just started having issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.