Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2 display HDMI and VGA

Hi,

I got my new mac mini and i have 2 display. One is with HDMI, other is VGA.

I will use normal HDMI port and thunderbolt port with Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter from Apple to use them both, and i want to "Extend" my screen but the Apple guy on the store told me that "you only can duplicate the screen, can not extend it; both your HDMI and VGA monitors screen the same thing."

Is it correct? Because i think he is not sure about what he said it doesn't make sense to me.

Regards.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 1:32 AM

I have no idea where what person is getting his information. I have used yur arrangement on my 2012 Mini which has one HDMI and one Thunderbolt port.

You sense is better than that person's. You you can have extended display with HDMI and VGA via mini displayport (plugs into Thunderbolt port) to VGA adopter

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 1:32 AM in response to annanen

I have no idea where what person is getting his information. I have used yur arrangement on my 2012 Mini which has one HDMI and one Thunderbolt port.

You sense is better than that person's. You you can have extended display with HDMI and VGA via mini displayport (plugs into Thunderbolt port) to VGA adopter

Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2 display HDMI and VGA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.