Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Audio

I have an Apple TV 3rd generation that is connected to my Dell e2414hx monitor through a DVI to HDMI cable. I would like audio and have a pair of Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II speakers connected to a toslink to digital converter and to the Apple TV. I still connect get sound, any suggestions?

Just to recap:

• Dell Monitor connected to Apple TV via DVI - HDMI
  • Speakers connected to digital converter then toslink to Apple TV

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 8:19 PM

4 replies

Mar 27, 2015 9:28 AM in response to vazandrew

How can you tell if a monitor is HDCP compliant? I've read that most newer monitors should meet those specifications, but I am not entirely sure. As for the audio, I was able to get it to work briefly however it just stopped working. There has to be some workaround as far as using the Apple TV with a simple monitor - I really don't want to invest in an actual TV as my room is not large enough.

Mar 27, 2015 9:35 AM in response to kevbot96

It would state in the manual or you can look up the specs based on your model. HDMI monitors would, but not all DVI are capable. As this is an unsupported setup there isn't much you can do. Even if it did work functionality could cease at any time. This is really meant for connection with a TV, there are small ones available and it would save a lot of aggravation.

Apple TV Audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.