Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not worth repairing, how does out of warranty service work? The technical support team told me I have to pay $269

My phone screen has a black dot on it on the left bottom of the screen and it covered the mail button. The technical person said, even if they repaired the screen it may not work, and he suggested I pay a $269. How does this work? He told me my phone was out of warranty. What does these mean? Is apple still replacing my phone?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 10:28 PM

Yes. For $269. Which is way less than the cost of a new phone. It will be refurbished and they will take your old one for recycling.

Pete

6 replies

Mar 27, 2015 6:02 AM in response to Nilo101

Yes, you can set up an Out-Of-Warranty-Service by calling Apple Support. You'll have to give them all the details, including payment infos and they will ship the replacement.

I had to do that after a family member dropped his phone into water.😝 Since I gave them the needed info, they sent the replacement and the return box the next day.

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

iPhone not worth repairing, how does out of warranty service work? The technical support team told me I have to pay $269

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.