Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While viewing some video or watching live feeds iPad is kicking back to iPad home page.

Recently, I have begun experiencing some glitches while viewing videos from Facebook and while watching Big Brother Canada live feeds. While watching the iPad will kick back to the iPad home page. When it does this it can take several seconds (an eternity compared to normal) to load the home page icons. It sticks on the blurred background without any icons for as stated several seconds. When I attempt to return to the live feeds I get the message "there was a problem with the page and it had to be reloaded. Can anyone help? Could this be a lack of memory because I haven't purchased additional storage space from iCloud?

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 3:47 AM

IIt has nothing to do with ICloud storage. ICloud storage is for backups only and not for actual cloud staorage. Your problem could have something to do with the iPad 2's lack or RAM while running iOS 8. Try closing all other apps when you want to watch videos and see if that makes a difference. ResER your iPad as well after you close the apps.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

In order to reset your iPad, hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen after which time you can release the buttons and let the iPad start up.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 3:47 AM in response to Dragongee

IIt has nothing to do with ICloud storage. ICloud storage is for backups only and not for actual cloud staorage. Your problem could have something to do with the iPad 2's lack or RAM while running iOS 8. Try closing all other apps when you want to watch videos and see if that makes a difference. ResER your iPad as well after you close the apps.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

In order to reset your iPad, hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen after which time you can release the buttons and let the iPad start up.

While viewing some video or watching live feeds iPad is kicking back to iPad home page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.