Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.2 broke my phone

I'm really ****** off. I just bought a brand new iphone 6 because i happend to like apple products. and now not even a month after i get it, I download IOS 8.2 and that very same day my phone crashes and i couldnt turn it on. so i hard reset it and all was good until it happend again an hour later.. and again after that. then it got stuck in recovery mode and i have to restore it to factory setting. all was well once again...for about 5 hours. then it crashed again. there is no other explaination. i've done everything that anywhere says to do. I've never had this problem with anybody else. considering just switching phones and not using apple anymore

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 9:23 PM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2015 9:32 PM in response to velleryy

What were you doing when the device crashed? When you restored the device, did you restore it from a backup, or did you restore as new? If you restored from backup, have you tried restoring as new? If you restored as new, you can make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store to have the device checked, and if determined to have a manufacturing defect, they will more than likely replace it on site.

Mar 27, 2015 8:40 AM in response to velleryy

First you say you cannot reset it because it is in recovery mode, then you say you restored it from the backup. Which is it? It almost sounds as if you have some corrupt files in your backup if the problem returned after the restore, which is what I indicated earlier. What happened when you tried to restore it from recovery mode? Is or was your device jailbroken? When you updated the device to iOS 8.2, did you do it through iTunes, or OTA, via the phone? If you are still having problems with Recovery Mode, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple store and get some assistance. The device is under warranty.

IOS 8.2 broke my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.