Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to have Aperture 3 loaded on the iMac computer I use all the time. I do not have a receipt, but I do have the serial

I have Aperture 3 on my MacBook Pro, that I use all the time. I want the app on my iMac, but can't get it, because I don't have a receipt for it. I do have the serial # and the box that it was in when I bought it.

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 3:30 AM

. I do have the serial # and the box that it was in when I bought it.

Do you also have the installer CD that was in the box? With the installer and the serial number you should be able to install it on your iMac.

Which version of Aperture is running on your MacBook Pro?

And which version of MacOS X is running on your iMac?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 3:30 AM in response to Benday Lady

. I do have the serial # and the box that it was in when I bought it.

Do you also have the installer CD that was in the box? With the installer and the serial number you should be able to install it on your iMac.

Which version of Aperture is running on your MacBook Pro?

And which version of MacOS X is running on your iMac?

Mar 27, 2015 9:15 AM in response to Benday Lady

That is indeed a problem. Apple Support will require a Proof of Purchase for the original version, before they provide a replacement serial number.

See: Pro Application Replacement Serial Numbers

Have you tried, if Apple Support will accept the evidence of a running installation without the receipt to provide a replacement serial number?

Try to argue, that it is not fair to make you buy Aperture again, since it will no longer be developed.

The only way I know of to migrate Aperture to different Mac without serial numbers, would be to update Aperture to a version, that is only sold at the App Store. This would associate Aperture with your AppleID, so you can download it on all Macs you own.

This worked well on Mavericks with the update to Aperture 3.5.1, but the current release is Aperture 3.6, and that requires Yosemite. You would have to upgrade both macs to Yosemite.

I would like to have Aperture 3 loaded on the iMac computer I use all the time. I do not have a receipt, but I do have the serial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.