Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy/Paste color correction not all effects

Hi is there a way to just copy/paste the color correction and not all the other effects attached to that clip?

I'm running FCPX 10.1.3 on a 2012 MacBook Pro with OS X Yosemite 10.10.2. I'm having trouble copying and pasting colour corrections I've made because when I do paste, it removes other effects I have on the clip, in this case I've reversed a lot of clips and when I paste a color correction is removes whatever retiming I've done or replaces it with effects from the source clip.

At first I was using Color Finale plugin and thought it was just with that but then I tried the inbuilt color correction function in FCPX and have encountered the same problem.

I'm trying to copy it to save time and I've noticed the Match Color function doesn't perfectly match. The clips I'm trying to match are from the same source clip so It's not like they have different exposures, color balance etc.

Thanks in advance for any help if indeed this can be fixed.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 11:38 PM

After copying use Paste Attributes to apply specifics.

User uploaded file

Al

1 reply

Copy/Paste color correction not all effects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.