Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable

Please help me as soon as possible.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 10:04 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 2:56 PM in response to rjnoble415

Howdy rjnoble415,

It sounds like you are having some difficulty activating your phone. I would use the troubleshooting in the following article, named:

Get help activating your iPhone

1. If your carrier provided a SIM card, make sure it's in your iPhone.
  2. Restart the iPhone.
  3. Try to reach the activation server another way, then try to activate.
    • Try connecting to a known-good Wi-Fi network if you can't activate using a cellular data connection.
    • Try connecting to iTunes if you can't activate using Wi-Fi.
  4. Restore the iPhone.
  5. Check the system status for iOS Device Activation. If the iOS Device Activation status isn't green, try activating your iPhone later.

If you receive an alert message when you try to activate your iPhone, place the iPhone in recovery mode and perform a restore. If you still can't complete the setup assistant due to an activation error, contact Apple for assistance.

If you're asked to enter a password to proceed with activating the iPhone, Activation Lock might be enabled as part of Find my iPhone.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.