Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the significance of the tick boxes beside items in my iTunes music list?

What is the significance of the tick boxes beside items in my iTunes music list?

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 4:13 AM

Francis, Mostly you can leave them checked and ignore them. However, note that (1) when playing, iTunes will not automatically advance to an unchecked song (2) unchecked songs will be excluded from Smart Playlists if "Match only checked items" is applied, and (3) unchecked songs will also be excluded from iPod syncing if "Sync only checked songs" is chosen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 4:13 AM in response to francis from Nans

Francis, Mostly you can leave them checked and ignore them. However, note that (1) when playing, iTunes will not automatically advance to an unchecked song (2) unchecked songs will be excluded from Smart Playlists if "Match only checked items" is applied, and (3) unchecked songs will also be excluded from iPod syncing if "Sync only checked songs" is chosen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.