Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 3G won't show the Apple logo and when I turn it in the screen is black for a short time.

My iPhone 3G's screen is black for a short time when I turn it on and then goes off again. I know it is old but I like to use it as an iPod and plug speakers into it. Every year I back it up and restore it to clean it out (My settings are very basic and easy to remember). Every year I do it though iTunes but this year I choose to do it on the phone (I backed it up the night before but ran out of time to do the restore). I went to the reset section in general and clicked on the restore section which then it asked if I was sure. I was certain and when ahead with the restore. After about 20-30 min the apple logo came up I knew it would be on for about 5 min due to previous years but it took 20 min. The screen went black and I held down the power button to turn it on and now the screen just comes on and goes off after 8-10 seconds. I want to use it again as a iPod so please help me fix it.

P.S. I don't know if this helps but I think there is no OS/iOS installed on it and I can't connect it to iTunes because the phone won't turn on.

P.P.S. Is there a way to do a restore without it being able to connect to iTunes?

iPhone 3G

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 5:02 AM

There are no replies.

My iPhone 3G won't show the Apple logo and when I turn it in the screen is black for a short time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.