Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had my iPad for about 2 years now and recently I haven't been using it. I found that someone has put an activation lock on it

It was in my house the whole time and I'm 100% sure the email it's showing is not mine. Because of this I can't log in as I don't know the APPLE ID or PASSWORD that locked my iPad. I've seen many people have this problem and I think someone may have hacked into my wifi network and done this. Any help? 😟

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 5:47 AM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 6:08 AM in response to Cyanpandaa

Cyanpandaa wrote:

It was in my house the whole time and I'm 100% sure the email it's showing is not mine. Because of this I can't log in as I don't know the APPLE ID or PASSWORD that locked my iPad. I've seen many people have this problem and I think someone may have hacked into my wifi network and done this. Any help? 😟

Following instructions are from Ipad user guide (IS08)

Your Ipad may just have locked itself -- if you have not set a passcode it should work.

Sleep/Wake button

You can lock iPad and put it to sleep when you’re not using it. Locking iPad puts the display to sleep, saves the battery, and prevents anything from happening if you touch the screen. You still get FaceTime calls, text messages, alarms, and notifications, and can listen to music and adjust the volume.

Lock iPad. Press the Sleep/Wake button.

Unlock iPad. Press the Home button or the Sleep/Wake button, then drag the slider that

appears onscreen.

Turn iPad on. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Turn iPad off. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the slider appears onscreen, then drag the slider.

f you don’t touch the screen for two minutes, iPad locks itself. You can change how long iPad waits to lock itself, or set a passcode to unlock iPad.

Set the auto-lock time. Go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock. Set a passcode. Go to Settings > Passcode.

I had my iPad for about 2 years now and recently I haven't been using it. I found that someone has put an activation lock on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.