Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What has gone wrong with apple dictation it is now useless, virtually every word is wrong

A short time ago dictation was brilliant - apple dictation was able to interpret dictation for long passages, for books, speeches and presentations, now it is almost totally unable to pull any correct words. I have checked my mac set up it has the correct language "British" and tried turning off enhanced mode - but without enhanced it is just mute, it does no dictation at all - in enhanced mode it is no good at all.

I have been unable to update to Yosemite and thus unable to update to newest version of pages, but the problem is not limited to pages any text app is just the same.

I would appreciate any suggestions as apple dictation has been a very useful tool over the past 6 months.

John

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:23 AM

Do you have a good Internet connection?

5 replies

Mar 27, 2015 11:06 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you ...

I have full internet connection. My iPads still work although the accuracy of the interpreted dictation is very questionable.

There is no response to any dictation added, say to pages without enhanced being selected : Here below is this sentence dictated without enhanced

...(see nothing!)

here is the sentence with enhanced selected

There is no response to any dictation and say to pages with at heart being some active???

Typed > Theory Of Constraints

Dictated > Theory of concert

Earlier I have been showing people (all around the world) how effective this system - now it's just not worth using, (this example above is actually better than it was earlier today).

What has gone wrong with apple dictation it is now useless, virtually every word is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.