Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Keep Three Macs in Sync ?

I work with two Macs (Mac BookPro and MacBook Air) and about to buy a new iMac. Now I want to keeping the SAME data on the three machines in sync, means when ever I open any of the Macs to find exactly the same Data, files, documents etc etc.

Is this possible ? and if yes how can I do this ?

This question might have been asked before so excuse If I might have been repeating it again !

Thanks allot in advance....

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 4:07 AM

To do that, you should consider the option of using a cloud sync storage such as iCloud Drive or Dropbox, but you will have to pay if you need to sync a huge size of data. By doing this, you will not have to carry an external drive and connect it to each Mac in order to sync the changes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 4:07 AM in response to malrahbi

To do that, you should consider the option of using a cloud sync storage such as iCloud Drive or Dropbox, but you will have to pay if you need to sync a huge size of data. By doing this, you will not have to carry an external drive and connect it to each Mac in order to sync the changes.

Mar 27, 2015 4:16 AM in response to mende1

Thank you Mende1 for your instant reply.

I don't want to use a cloud sync storage only, I just want to use Time Capsule.

So back to my Question, Is it possible to keep the SAME data on the three machines in sync, means when ever I open any of the Macs to find exactly the same Data, files, documents etc etc by SYNC with Time Capsule.

Mar 27, 2015 4:33 PM in response to malrahbi

Apple believe in Cloud to do this kind of stuff..

The TC was never designed as a file server.. and Time Machine is not SYNC software.

However you could do this.. with some trepidation.. because the TC has no way to back itself up and Time Machine cannot backup the TC.

You could setup folders of files you need in sync.. on the TC and I would buy SYNC software.. there is such a category.. and run it on each Mac.

OR a better solution is to use a computer as server.. and run OS Server extensions on it.

I cannot advise on Sync software.. as I would never use it.. and without direct experience it is hard to know.. but you could do this very cheaply or even for free with a few simple rsync scripts.. rsync being built into every Mac. Mind you keeping files in the correct place and update.. can be a bit of fun.

http://mac-sync-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

How to Keep Three Macs in Sync ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.