Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting tv series out

can anyone help ive started to collect the peppa pig collection for my daughter but im trying to sort series and episodes out. i cant seem to do it.

when downloaded they come down series 1 vol.1 / series 1 vol.2 then series 2 vol.1 / series 2 vol.2 but they dont stay like that it puts all series 1 together then the same for series 2. So its like 1-13 then 14-26 so thats like one full series. I want them all as separate series like about. Im havent upgraded itunes as i wasnt to keen on the new one so stayed on itunes 11.

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 5:00 AM

See Re: seperate tv show in ipod for some advice. The images are from iTunes 11. The bit about season images doesn't quite hold for iTunes 12 as all seasons of the same show end up under one artwork, but the general principles are the same, and it soulds as if you are on 11 anyway.

tt2

15 replies

Mar 29, 2015 8:51 AM in response to ipod hater

If giving each show the same show & album names but different season & disc numbers doesn't separate the seasons the way you want then you will need to give each season a unique name.

Looking at https://itunes.apple.com/gb/tv-season/peppa-pig-series-1-vol.-1/id432768070 it seems each series/season is broken up into two volumes. You're saying those two volumes merge together as one in your library, but you would like to keep them separate? To merge as one they must have a common Show name, which I assume is either Peppa Pig or Peppa Pig, Series 1. Changing this to something like Peppa Pig, Series 1, Vol. 1. should allow each volume to show up independently in the library if that is what you want.

Depending on the version of iTunes you may be able to keep everything under one show name, but listed as separate seasons if you tweak the season numbers. E.g.

Series 1, Vol. 1 >> Season #1

Series 1, Vol. 2 >> Season #2

Series 2, Vol. 1 >> Season #3

Series 2, Vol. 2 >> Season #4

etc.

tt2

Apr 14, 2015 8:08 AM in response to ipod hater

Although I'm in the UK I prefer the US labels of Movies, TV Shows & Season, to Films, TV Programmes & Series which is why we have different labels. If you change the Programme name for the first 13 episodes to Peppa Pig 1.1, the next 13 to Peppa Pig 1.2, and so on, then each half season will have its own artwork space in the list of programmes, and show just 13 pairs of episodes when selected.

tt2

Apr 30, 2015 1:36 PM in response to ipod hater

Hmm, recent versions of iTunes/iOS firmware may give preference to the original store metadata for purchased items.

In iTunes go to Edit > Preferences > Store and turn off

• Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases
  • Share details about your library with Apple

On any iOS device go to Settings > Music and turn off

• Show All Music
  • Show All Videos

Close and reopen iTunes and/or reset the device and you should see your version of the metadata for each item rather than the original store data.

tt2

Sorting tv series out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.