Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync .mp4 movies in iPod

Hello,

Can someone help me in in my problem? I have tried to add movies in my iPod but everytime I do it it keeps on failing. The movies were originally .flv and I used an external converter to change them to .mp4. When they were successfully converted, I tried playing them on Quicktime and they played well, both video and audio. I tried to add them in the playlist I created in iTunes and they were successfully added too I can also play the videos in iTunes directly. But when I tried to sync the whole playlist of movies in my iPod it doesn't copy them to my device.

There are no errors that I encounter during the sync nor adding them in the playlist. I also tried to add them 1-by-1 but still no result. Please help me I really want to watch the videos I have already in my laptop.

Thanks,

Karl

iPod touch, iOS 8.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 4:01 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 4:17 AM in response to karlSD

To what specific format did you convert them to? There are many flavors of .mp4 and not all are compatible with the iPod

iTunes: May be unable to transfer videos to iPhone, iPad, or iPod

iTunes: Frequently asked questions about viewing and syncing videos

I use the free HandBrake program since that have preset outputs specifically for iPods. iPhones and iPads.

Can't sync .mp4 movies in iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.