Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Kingston - erase data traveler Locker G3

Hi,

I bought a USB Kingston with data traveler Locker G3. I don’t want to use this.

If I want to use the USB I want to see the USB and not the data traveler Locker.

Now the first thing I must do is start an app and type a password.

With Disk Utility I can not erase the data traveler Locker G3, see also the print screen.

Can anybody please help me?

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 4:12 AM

2 replies

Mar 27, 2015 5:35 AM in response to WiMac22

With some of them, you can re-partition the USB device and remove that type of thing. I'm not certain for that specific drive.

In DU, select the device on the list on the left.

I also do not know if this will render the device unusable.

Click the Partition tab (which will only be available if you select the device and not a formatted volume).

Set it for 1-Partition.

Set the Format as you'd like. MS_DOS will give compatibility with Windows. If you are going to choose Mac OS Extended, then you can also change the partition scheme to GUID in the Options button.

Give it a Name.

Click Apply to partition it.

Again, since I've never owned that type of USB stick, I don't know if this will work or if it will destroy the drive.

USB Kingston - erase data traveler Locker G3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.