Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3. When ever I try typing on the facebook let us say on a post, I am not allowed or able to edit delete text I have typed. Is that a Mac setting

3. When ever I try typing on the facebook web page while on my MacBook pro; let us say on a post, I am not allowed or able to edit delete text I have typed. Is that a Mac setting?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 4:11 AM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 4:32 AM in response to Yancy pancy

I use a Mac and have no trouble editing or deleting text I have typed into a Facebook post.

If you create a post, you can click in the upper right-hand corner of the post. You will see an inverted caret (an upside down ^). Clicking that will give you options to delete or edit your post.

If you have replied to a post, you will see a small pencil in the upper right-hand corner of your reply. Clicking that will give you options to delete or edit your reply.

3. When ever I try typing on the facebook let us say on a post, I am not allowed or able to edit delete text I have typed. Is that a Mac setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.