Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store not displaying installed app as "installed"

I'd attach a screenshot, but I can't with this editor from my iPad.

This issue occurs frequently, perhaps a bug. I'm using iOS 8.2 on my iPad 3.

The issue involves the alert badge on the App Store icon. Sometimes it won't display that there is an update on the list when there is. But my issue today is the badge shows there's an update, but all apps on the Update page are installed. However, the most recently installed app (Twitter, in this case) is still displaying in the "Update" area, even though it's clearly been installed and has the "Open" button appearing next to it.

So somehow the system isn't detecting that the app is installed, which then triggers the alert badge to remain.

A hard app shut down doesn't fix it. Has anyone else had this issue, or other issues with the app store alert badge?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 6:19 AM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 6:19 AM in response to VaWriter

Hi VaWriter,

If you are having issues with your iPad's app store not displaying updates correctly, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPad -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPad as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

App Store not displaying installed app as "installed"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.