Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing Itunes store freezes computer - Windows 8.1

My computer seems to work perfectly in every other scenario, is completely virus free (according to malware bytes) and Itunes is fully updated however as soon as I try to access the Itunes store (tried it on 4 separate occasions) the entire computer freezes and I have to restart. Any solutions or should I just re-install?

Thanks for all the help in advance

Windows 8

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 8:36 AM

I'm trying to access the iTunes store through a restricted network at uni, thus I'am unable to launch many applications which require network connectivity, would the iTunes store come under this and if so is that the reason it freezes my computer? As I thought that perhaps iTunes is unable to connect fully due to the network restrictions (partial display) therefore gets stuck in a loop without any exit strategy (reason for no error message) and thus crashes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2015 8:36 AM in response to Strides

I'm trying to access the iTunes store through a restricted network at uni, thus I'am unable to launch many applications which require network connectivity, would the iTunes store come under this and if so is that the reason it freezes my computer? As I thought that perhaps iTunes is unable to connect fully due to the network restrictions (partial display) therefore gets stuck in a loop without any exit strategy (reason for no error message) and thus crashes.

Accessing Itunes store freezes computer - Windows 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.