Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i get my photos from aperture library when i no longer have aperture app?

hello,

i no longer have access to my aperture app, as i bought this mac from a friend, now i have to update the app, i have none of his info and I'm being prompted to upgrade the app ($80) which is not an option lol is there any way i can get my pictures without paying $80 for them?

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 8:08 AM

2 replies

Mar 27, 2015 8:18 AM in response to TyroMillCity

Which version of Aperture created the Aperture library?

If it was Aperture 3.3. or later, try to install a compatible iphoto version. iPhoto 9.3 or later can open matching Aperture libraries.

See this link: Aperture 3.3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture

Aperture 3.3. libraries can be opened with iPhoto 9.3, Aperture 3.6 with iPhoto 9.6. It will be a bit tedious to find the exactly matching iPhoto version for your Aperture library.

Or wait a bit, until the new Photos.app will be released later the spring. It should be able to convert and open an Aperture 3 library.

how can i get my photos from aperture library when i no longer have aperture app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.