Related Article: If your iPhone or iPad is lost or stolen

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you guys please help me find my ipod because i lost it a week ago and i cant find it i've been trying really hard to find it but i cant cause i didn't set up find my phone before i lost it so my question is can you help me someway here my

can you guys please help me find my iPod because i lost it a week ago and i cant find it I've been trying really hard to find it but i cant cause i didn't set up find my phone before i lost it so my question is can you help me someway or somehow because my iPod i love it i would always take pictures with my friends and i have all my memories in it so i don't know where it is for all i know it could be on the street getting ready to get ran over because the last time i ever saw it was on last Sunday when i went to my cousins house when we were leaving i grabbed something to eat then i sat at the table then i left but i swear i had it in my pocket when i left but i didn't so i asked my cousin if he could look for it and he said sure so he started looking for it but didn't find anything and so i lost it sense and i asked my dad if i could get a new one and he said in a couple of years but i want that iPod back it has all my memories in it it's really special to me and i'm really desperate so please help me someway somehow anyway just help me please i don't know what else to do but beg for someone to help me because I've tried looking for it in my car in my room in my coats and nothing i tried looking for it on the website find my iPhone/iPod/iPad and it didn't help so please help me i beg of you if you are reading this and don't care you really are heartless becausea little 12 year old girl can't find the most precious thing she got from her father 1 year ago and if you are reading this and you have a heart please help me find it if you do want to help me find it****

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPod touch, iOS 8.0.2, help

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 8:34 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 8:37 AM in response to lizbettabner

You are not addressing Apple here. We are all just users like yourself

lost/stolen

No app on the iOS device is required.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod/iPhone/iPad on the iOS device in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected or cellular data is on and connected for, on a computer browser go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up or continue to show off-line.

- You can also wipe/erase the iOS device and have the device play a sound via iCloud.

iCloud: Erase your device

iCloud: Use Lost Mode

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the device and report to police and carrier if iPhone or cellular iPad

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the erase (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 or later on the device. With iOS 7 or later, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

can you guys please help me find my ipod because i lost it a week ago and i cant find it i've been trying really hard to find it but i cant cause i didn't set up find my phone before i lost it so my question is can you help me someway here my

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.