Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 unable to connect to network

Here is my problem and here is what I have done. I am hoping that someone has had this problem and can assist me!!

Sitting at work with my phone that is normally connected to the wifi. I look down at my phone and realize that I am no longer connected to the wifi. I go into my wifi settings and click on the name of the network and it tells me that it is unable to connect. I try and turn my wifi off and then back on, click the network again and the same thing happens "unable to connect". I then went into my settings and I reset my Network Settings. The phone reset and I went back into my wifi settings and clicked on the network name and now it is asking me for a Username AND Password. Before it would only ask for a password. I thought this was very strange. I tried to enter just the password and leave the username blank but I am still unable to connect.

I tried to reset my network settings again. Same problem. I reset our router at work thinking that this may be a router problem. Same issue. I had a co-worker try and access the router and he was able to click on the network on his phone and it asked for only the password. He entered the password and it worked no problem.

I thought maybe this is a problem with my phone and the hardware. So before resetting my entire phone I thought I would see what happens when I go home. I got home and I was able to connect to my wifi with no problem. My home wifi did not ask me for a username and passowrd. Just the password.

Now it is the next day at work and I have tried everything I can think of. Reset phone, changed settings, watched every YouTube video and no one out there seems to have this same problem. I cant find another person having a problem with their phone asking for Username upon wifi login.

I have tried to hit 'Other' enter the network name as it appears and type in the password but it is unable to connect. I tried this with every security type the phone gives me.

I am currently running Version 8.2 (12D508)

Any help that can be given to me would be great.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 8:38 AM

9 replies

Mar 27, 2015 8:48 AM in response to gail from maine

It is showing up but I forgot to say that I did this before resetting my network settings. I forgot the network and still had no luck. A new bit of info, my phone asked me to join the network (cause I flipped that switch) and it told me that my network was an enterprise network. None of the other phones in the office are receiving this message.

Mar 27, 2015 8:54 AM in response to Gumpee

Ok.... I did nothing different.... just went back into my wifi, clicked on the network and this time for some reason it only asked me for my password. I logged in and now have no problems. I dont understand and I hope that I can find an answer other than just dumb luck. I dont know why it didnt work for 24 hours and then all of a sudden it did. I literally did nothing, and it just started working. I hope we can keep this thread open and for someone else who is having problems and finds and answer can tell us.

Iphone 5 unable to connect to network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.