Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files failed on import. Any way to get them to read.

Had difficulty getting large files to Log&Capture yesterday from an SD card. My computer kept crashing at the end of the import. I have one partial file that's about an hour long that plays, and I have two files both with .mov extensions that will not play and give me errors but are both large files. See screen grab.User uploaded file

I'm pretty sure that what I need is on Clip #3. Is there anyway to access that clip? Problem now is that that data seems to have disappeared from the SD card. Inserted into another MAC the clip isn't there. Aliens? Who knows but we need the data of course. Can anyone help?

Dual 2 GHz Power Mac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:21 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 10:08 AM in response to Michelle LaRock

Do you mean Log and Transfer?

Where you reading the card mounted in a camera or reader?

Have you tried copying the card to a hard disk and reading it from there?

You say the card is apparently unreadable by computers now. Can you see the clips correctly in the camera that shot them if the card is placed back in the camera?

Some cameras have features in the menu settings that will do a directory restoration of the SD card. Check the manual for your camera. If all else fails, this might be worth trying- BUT - make a complete copy of the card, as it is, first.

Also - while QuickTime files are notoriously hard to repair once corrupted, Digital Rebellion's excellent Pro Maintenance Tools package has a module for attempting QuickTime file repair. There is a free trial period, so that may be worth a shot.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/promaintenance/

MtD

Mar 27, 2015 6:24 PM in response to Michelle LaRock

In "locking the barn door after the paddle has been lost upstream" vein, NEVER import directly from cards. Copy the card to your hard drive, duplicate the saved file to a second hard drive, THEN do the log and transfer.

This does a three things -

1. You have a copy of the original material and the original is untouched

2. You have a backup of your backup, so that if the Log and transfer goes wrong, you can try it again without having to mess with the original caputure

3. If things go right, you can erase the card knowing you have the material in two places.

x

Files failed on import. Any way to get them to read.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.