Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad and iPhone cannot play shared music library

I Have 2 Apple TVs and a SONOS system at home. They all see my iTunes shared library and play music just fine.

On my iPad or iPhone, under MUSIC, I see the shared library. When I select it, it takes a very long time - 5 minutes plus - to load it and may times it hangs at around halfway. On the occasions that it finally loads, I can see all my albums/artists/tracks. This is where it gets interesting. When I click on a track or an album to play, it just goes very quickly through all the songs and goes back to the original song I clicked on. You can see the name of all the songs flashing on top as it goes through them But does not play any song.

I scoured all the forums and did extensive searches but could not find anything. Let me restate that this is NOT an iTunes home share problem as the AppleTVs are working fine. My iTunes library is running on an iMac with the latest Mac OS.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, Windows 7, null

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 6:12 AM

There are no replies.

Ipad and iPhone cannot play shared music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.