Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook airport is no longer connecting to my BT HomeHub

I'm using an old macbook with OS X 10.5.8: until today it connected without any problem to my BT HomeHub via wireless airport. It connected today and then suddenly disconnected, asked me for my password and then repeatedly says 'invalid password' when I submit it. It's not invalid and both my ipad and iphone are connected without issue. I've tried a force quit and various other strategies with no success. Any ideas?

MacBook, iOS 5

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:08 AM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2015 9:39 AM in response to emmiebl

You posted in the support forum for the Apple wireless routers....the AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule......the products pictured below

User uploaded file

We are not sure how your question would relate to one of the products shown above, but will try to help.

When you say that you have tried other strategies, we have no idea what those might have been.

The wireless network settings on the old MacBook may have become corrupted. To see if that might be the case on the MacBook.....and if you have not already done so......

Open System Preferences (gear icon on the dock)

Open Network

Click on WiFi on the left to highlight it

Click Advanced over on the lower right of the window

Click on the name of the HomeHub wireless network to highlight it

Click the - (minus) button at the bottom of the connection list to delete that connection

Click OK

Click Apply

Now click on the Finder icon on the dock (the smiley face)

Open Applications

Open Utilities

Open KeyChain Access

Locate the listing that contains the name of the wireless network

Click on that listing to highlight it, then click the delete key on your Mac

Close the windows

Now restart the MacBook and try to connect to the network again. You will need to select the network and enter the password to connect.

If this works, then you are all set. If it doesn't, you really should post your question in the Leopard (10.5.x) or MacBook support forums linked below for a more informed answer.

Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard

MacBook (13-inch, 2006-2010)

my macbook airport is no longer connecting to my BT HomeHub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.