Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps randomly starting on iPhone 6

My wife and I this last weekend upgraded our old iPhone 4S's to 6's. The transition has been challenging at best and a royal pain in the neck for the most part. I have my phone mostly working the way I want it to, but my wife's is being a nightmare. We are struggling to get her calendar to sync between her phone and iPad, but that is a different post that I am working on.

The latest problem is that when she plugs her phone in at night on the night stand and lays it down it suddenly lights up and randomly starts up apps that are installed. Sometimes it is an app that is in the background but most of the time it is an app she hasn't even opened since we restored her phone. I turned off Background Update (Because it was the only thing I could think of for apps in the background suddenly opening up).

Anyone else having this problem? I have been searching all over the internet to see if this is happening to others but it doesn't seem to be a big issue yet.

I have restarted the phone repeatedly, powered it off and on, reset network settings. I will try a Reset All Settings later.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, Space Grey 64 GB

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:17 AM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 11:40 AM in response to Thom_D

It appears that a non apple wall charger was the cause. The phone was being plugged into a third party wall charger that was supposedly Apple certified using a genuine Apple USB to Lightning charge/sync cable and the phone would act really weird. Apps starting on their own. Text messages appearing for no reason. All while the phone was sitting on the night stand without being touched.

I got out a genuine Apple iPhone wall charger swapped out the other one and the weirdness stopped. Hopefully this is the end of the problem.

Apps randomly starting on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.