Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new SIM/service and want to transfer all my contacts from the current 4S to the new SIM in my old 3GS. I do NOT want to backup/restore the entire phone contents (iTunes or iCloud), JUST the contacts. How?

Current phone 4S with service from one provider. Also have a new SIM with another provider, and want to copy my contacts from the 4S across to my old 3GS which I will be using for a bit as an alternative. Definitely do not want anything except the contacts copied across so a full backup/restore is NOT what I'm after, and I can't see (in the iTunes backup) how to only do the contacts.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3, iPhone 3GS

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 7:22 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 8:10 AM in response to raymond73

Sorry, my bungle - from what devices I am used to - these Apple things still have me confused at times.

The core requirement is the same - to get the contacts from the 4S onto the 3GS without backing up the whole device/apps etc.

And a second part of that is how to get the contacts onto a SIM for a device that DOES store them there. No doubt that will be a problem as it only has name/number combos, not all the fruit the iPhone keeps under a contact. Maybe it can't done. A simple export to CSV or something that could be edited would suffcie if there were an import tool to get it onto the SIM in the simpler format.

I have a new SIM/service and want to transfer all my contacts from the current 4S to the new SIM in my old 3GS. I do NOT want to backup/restore the entire phone contents (iTunes or iCloud), JUST the contacts. How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.