Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how accurate is Find my Iphone?

I don't work on a major city, but when I am at work, the app "find my Iphone" puts me in a diferent location, a mile away, how is this?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 8:17 AM

2 replies

Mar 27, 2015 8:43 AM in response to born64

gps like sat discs need a line of sight to the satellites so thick walls block the gps signal

if the iphone can't get s signal from gps it see if it can get a location from the wifi router or cellphone towers it's connected to in terms of the cellphone towers this is called AGPS (assisted gps)

you can read more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

Mar 27, 2015 8:47 AM in response to born64

In addition to what Rudegar says, try stepping outside for a couple of minutes and attempt your location. Even here at home, and I live in a somewhat rural area, Find My iPhone puts me almost exact to my home when looking at the Hybrid and/or satellite version of the map. I can even tell a little difference when I change corners of the house. Like indicated earlier, AGPS works with Wi-Fi network locations, and if many of them are not reported in the database in your area, it can make it more difficult to locate you. I believe once you try it outdoors where the phone can "see" the sky and satellites, it should correct.

how accurate is Find my Iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.