Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s Screen Won't Come On

Hello all, yesterday when I would press the home button on my phone nothing would happen but when I pressed the sleep/wake button the screen would then come on. After the screen would come on if I turned it back off and then tried using the home button to turn it back on it would work. Then today neither the home button or sleep/wake button would turn the screen on. However I do see the back lights from the display come on just the display itself will stay off. I plugged the phone into my computer and my phone would vibrate once about every 10-20 seconds but the screen would still not come on, very weird. I then restored my phone and everything seemed to be working, however an hour later the problem started to happen again. I then tried to restore for a second time and still no luck. I have tried plugging my phone into my computer while restarting it by holding the home and power button down and can see that it disconnects from iTunes for a minute or two while it restarts and then reconnects, however the display still does not come on. I also noticed if I press the home button and use touch ID to log in it seems to work because after I log and press the sleep button I can hear the phone make the "sleep" sound. Whenever I get a text message my phone makes a text tone and the back light illuminates but still the display itself does not come on. I am running iOS 8.2. Thanks for any help in advance.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:35 AM

1 reply

iPhone 5s Screen Won't Come On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.