Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MDM Profile Manager Error 503 - Service Unavailable

Hello Everyone,

I am at my wits end with Yosemite Server and Profile Manager... I have spent an entire week trying to get Profile Manager's Mobile Device Enrollment function to work, with absolutely no success. Something within Server.App is being broken after adding SSL certificates into Server.App. For the past week, I have torn down OD, Trashed Server.App and completely deleted the Server folder located in /Library/, then completely nuke the saved Keychain Access certificates and keys.

After completely nuking the server's functions, I can rebuild OD and launch Profile Manager, then navigate to the /mydevices/ screen, it will work for a little while, but as soon as I begin adding SSL Certs to secure my main website, it seems to break the mdm_enroll.php page, displaying the following error message below:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache Server at mydomain.com Port 443
Apple has no answers for me, they have been completely useless with this problem. I had a tier II support rep on the phone, he made me download a program that would send him snapshots of all the data on the server. He emailed me and told me he has no idea what's wrong with it, the data was inconclusive from my machine.
I am not running anything strange on my server, just hosting a website and using normal services that a small business would need. I have a WildCard SSL Certificate installed on the machine from GeoTrust. (I was told that Server.App doesn't play so nicely with WildCard SSL Certs, so I imported another Certificate Identity that used a solo SSL from Comodo; it was a cert that was keyed for an old VPS that I had before I moved over to the Mac Server. Both SSL's seem to break the mdm_enroll.php page...
I was so desperate for a fix that I completely started over, fresh install of OS X Yosemite and Server.App, the second that I begin adding SSL's the service breaks... Even on a brand new install of Yosemite... I don't know if the SSL's truly are breaking the Mobile Device Enrollment feature or not, but it seems like that's the last thing that I do before it is toasted.... I've trashed Server.App, Nuked OD, and Nuke the Server Folder so many times in the past week that I have sorta figured that seems to be the issue. I was told by Apple that a WildCard Cert can sometimes cause problems, but the mdm_enroll page breaks on a standalone SSL too... So I just don't know...
Has anyone else had this problem? Any support or ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Mac Mini Server (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Most Recent Version of Server.App

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:49 AM

There are no replies.

MDM Profile Manager Error 503 - Service Unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.