Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.2 causing missed notifications

Since I purchased my iPhone 6 I have really not had any problems with any of iOS updates. Just installed the Apple Watch update (8.2) and suddenly random things are being difficult. Bluetooth Siri requests mistranscribe or only catch half my words in my car (paired to a Kenwood head unit). Siri will tell me "I'm really sorry about this, but I can't take any requests right now...." until I restart my phone. But most annoyingly, I will find when I restart my phone that I have several notifications waiting for me that won't come through until I restart my phone. It has missed VM from Google Voice, Texts, iMessages, from Mail (exchange and Google), and a few other apps. All of this is new since the 8.2 update which I installed about a week ago, I think (I waited a few days to see if I heard any bad side-effects). I performed an OTA update.

[SOAPBOX]

This kind of stuff is the reason I jumped from Android - I need my phone to just work; it's primary function is a tool, not a toy. I do not want to be the developer's test subject. I CAN'T EVEN REVERT TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION ANYMORE BECAUSE APPLE/iTUNES HAS STOPPED ALLOWING THE BACKUP TO INSTALL THE PREVIOUS OS. That's news to me, I don't know how long that's been going on... At least that would be possible with an Android. At least I have more control when they screw stuff up.Whatever. I feel like I'm being pushed out the door because Apple thinks I'm a fanboy and I'll buy anything that's shiny and has an apple logo. Competition is looking pretty enticing right now.

[ENDSOAPBOX]

Does anyone else see these same missed notifications until they reboot the phone? Any solutions, or just wait for 8.2.1?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 10:58 AM

There are no replies.

iOS 8.2 causing missed notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.