Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone4 external mic problems - Ultradisk 4016 Lavaliere Mic

Hello Everybody

Maybe someone here can help as its after hours at Ultradisk and therefore I can´t ask them.

I purchased two Ultradisk 4016 Lavaliere Mics to record Audio with an iPad Mini and my trusty old iPhone4.

Bought RodeRec too, the pro version. I have set up everything. With the iPad the Lavaliere Mics work like

charm.Really good quality. RodeRec works just fine with the Ultradisk mics.

On the iPhone4, no can do. Running iOS7 with the corresponding version of RodeRec.

Line in / Input is like listening to a hoarse man in a tiny box. I tested the mics with the iPad, they both work

just fine. Out of curiosity I tried my apple headset and I got nice and crisp recording alas with a lot of

scratching as the mic is moving on the fabric of the shirt. I checked that the Lavaliere Mics plug in all the

way, they do. The problem exists in other recording apps too. I hope there´s an easy explanation or fix for it.

Any help, tips and tricks would be appreciated.

And please, don´t state the obvious like "buy a new phone" or "why don´t you just use your headset then".

I will use the headset this weekend as a last resort, but if the mics work on one device, and one kind of mic works

on both, I do not understand why the Lavaliere Mics will not, especially when they work fine on another iOS device.

Here are the specs of the Ultradisk 4016, it is made for mobile "smart" devices:

• A good quality metal crocodile style clip, secures the mic in place.
  • 1 Metre cable 3.5mm TRRRS
  • Polar pattern: omnidirectional
  • Mic diameter: Φ6.5*5.0 mm
  • Sensitivity:-47dB±2dB
  • Frequency Range: 20-20KHz
  • Output Impedance: =680 SNR: >58dB
  • Standard Operation Voltage: 2.0V-10V.DC

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 11:05 AM

There are no replies.

iphone4 external mic problems - Ultradisk 4016 Lavaliere Mic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.