Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the latest IPod Touch (i.e. 7th Generation) work with the Honda Civic 2012?

I have a Honda Civic 2012. I currently use a USB stick with MP3s. This works OK.

Will the latest IPod Touch (7th Generation) be recognized by the automobile?

If so, what do I gain from using the IPod over the USB stick?

I listen to both albums and want to listen to podcasts and audiobooks. Will it handle these?

Thanks.

iPod touch, Honda Civic

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:09 AM

4 replies

Mar 27, 2015 9:20 AM in response to jdshaw

The latest iPod touch is still the 5G which was introduced about 2 1/2 years ago.

Does Honda say an iPhone 5 or later will work with your car system? If so then it will work with an 5G iPod.

I do not think you gain little with using the iPod in the car but an iPod touch has a lot uses independent of the car.

Mar 27, 2015 9:29 AM in response to jdshaw

Ok, So I erred, its the current 5th gen that I want to know about. I.e. If I get one will it work with a Civic 2012?

I currently have another MP3 player that works but not connected via the USB in the car. I can use my current MP3 player with a line-in jack, but the car manual says it reads the IPod on the USB. I don't know how the functionality works with the IPod and if it handles any better then a plain USB thumb drive full of MP3 files.

So,

1. Is the IPod Touch (5th Gen) compatible with the Car via the USB port?

2. If so, what is the functionality difference than a USB stick full of MP3 files.

Will the latest IPod Touch (i.e. 7th Generation) work with the Honda Civic 2012?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.