Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An OLD INACTIVE email address, asking for a password, continues to show up to play certain selections in my iTunes Music Library. I want to REMOVE this old email, HOW DO I REMOVE IT!! All attempts to remove it have failed!

An OLD INACTIVE email address, asking for a password, continues to show up to play certain selections in my iTunes Music Library. I want to REMOVE this old email address, HOW DO I REMOVE IT!! All attempts to remove it have failed!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 9:22 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 9:55 AM in response to sflower48

Yes, if you change your Apple ID to your new email address. You don't have to. Under those sort of situations you can speak to Apple about transferring your purchased items to the new Apple ID, and see if they will help you.

You don't lose access to your older purchased items, you simply cannot update or re-download them or, in some cases, use them without providing the old Apple ID and password. All purchased items are permanently tied to the Apple ID used at time of purchase.

An OLD INACTIVE email address, asking for a password, continues to show up to play certain selections in my iTunes Music Library. I want to REMOVE this old email, HOW DO I REMOVE IT!! All attempts to remove it have failed!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.